Green Care Home Landscaping, Pools and Spas, and More.
Green care provides home landscaping, backyard firepits, pool and spa installation, and more. Some information and detail we want to explain about the process of professional grade pools and spas installation. 1st the site is examined to determine the best usable space to place the pool. Design elements and how the pool is going to be best utilized are determined and the layout is created. When the design is finalized and a proposal is agreed upon the plan goes to the engineering department. This process takes anywhere from one to two weeks.
We need all design decisions to be made at this point to expedite the pools and spas installation process. Once complete, it is presented to the proper government permitting facility to be sure that all guidelines are followed and proper permits are obtained. This needs to at times go to more than one governing body and slight changes are sometimes needed on plans. An entire day is at times spent in the city building only to be required to make changes due to an unforeseen change on city codes or zoning variances. They are also closed on Fridays. This back and forth process can sometimes take a week or more.
Once this is complete, The excavation is scheduled, then steel, plumbing, electric, gunite, tile, pool gate coding, alarms & sensors installed on all necessary doors and windows. The pre-plaster, plaster, pool filling and finally the pool start up! Every single one of these processes is done by a group of professionals and there are also needed inspections after several of these processes. This process is normal and insures proper installation of your project. We ask that you please be patient throughout this process and know that we are striving to get the job done right. We have spent over a decade putting the right team of installers together to insure the highest quality installation process possible so you can enjoy problem free fun in the sun for many years to come.
Pentair equipment installed on all pools. Only the best! Highly recommended. Click on any of the tabs below to read about your options and equipment specs.
PUT YOUR POOL ON CRUISE CONTROL WITH AUTOMATED CONTROL SYSTEMS
With our automated control systems, scheduling and operating your filtration cycles, heating, pool and landscape lighting, sanitizing, waterfalls and fountains all will be blissfully automatic. System controllers and remote controls have been designed to be push-button simple, with easy-to-read digital displays and step-by-step menu driven instructions. Talk to your pool professional to choose the right automation system for your pool.
The EasyTouch® Control System family offers a new level of control for homeowner’s looking for an affordable, easy to use pool/spa control system. EasyTouch allows full control of all pool/spa features including advanced features such as colored lighting and IntelliChlor® Salt Chlorine Generator support. Every EasyTouch system includes an easy to use control panel that is built into the outdoor enclosure. This control panel allows for full system setup, programmability, and everyday operation. In addition, there are several other available remote interface choices. The EasyTouch systems come in a variety of configurations: Pool only or Spa only, Pool/Spa with shared equipment, and also integrated with Pentair IntelliChlor Salt Chlorine Generator.
- UltraTemp® Heat Pump integration
- Support for 2 VS or 2 VF Pumps
- Supports 8 Feature circuits
- MagicStream® Laminar support
- IntelliChem® controller support
- Now works with ScreenLogic2™ Interface
- IntelliBrite® 5g Pool and Spa Light support
- All functions controlled with easy, one-button access from the self-contained load center or optional controllers. No need to memorize operating sequences, open and close valves, or reset time clocks and thermostats.
- Built-in diagnostics include automatic verification of the display, microprocessor, switches, indicators, relay outputs, valve outputs, sensor inputs, and communication ports as well as a diagnostic screen that reports failures for troubleshooting and repair purposes.
- Include 150 amp breaker base with space for 10 1-in breakers
- UL and cUL approved
- Dimensions: 26 in. H x 17 in. W x 5-1/4 in. Apple®, iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® and MAC™ are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Apple, Inc.
RELAX, PLAY, ENJOY THE CLEANING IS AUTOMATIC
Our Kreepy Krauly® brand cleaners offer the best combination of cleaning performance, simplicity, convenience, and long-term reliability.
Suction side cleaners attach to one of the suction ports in your pool – the plumbing that pulls water out of the pool to be filtered. Usually, this port is the skimmer, or your pool may have a separate vacuum port especially for a pool cleaner. With the hose attached and the filter pump running, suction is created on the underside of the cleaner. The cleaner moves around the pool while vacuuming dirt and debris through the hose and sending it to the pump strainer basket and filter…where it belongs. Dirt and debris are sucked up by the cleaner and then through the hose, past the suction port, through the pipe, and is trapped in the filter pump strainer basket.
THE LEGENDARY KREEPY KRAULY CLEANER JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER.
It’s been redesigned for greater cleaning coverage from the water line to the pool bottom. But it still gives you all the simplicity and reliability that over three million owners have trusted for decades. Kreepy Krauly cleaner’s powerful suction relentlessly removes dirt and debris automatically. And with only one operational moving part, you can count on years and years of dependable service, and an exceedingly low cost of operation.
- Redesigned for greater cleaning coverage from water line to pool bottom.
- Powerful suction makes removal of both large and small debris a cinch.
- No wheels, gears, or diaphragms to continually replace or repair.
- Regulator valve automatically adjusts water flow to set the ideal speed for maximum cleaning performance.
- No expensive, energy draining booster pump to buy, saving you significantly on your utility bills.
- Installs in minutes, with no tools required.
THE BEAUTY AND INTRIGUE OF FALLING WATER
Perhaps no other feature contributes more to the beauty and tranquility of your poolscape than the sight and sound of falling water. Water effects can help transform your pool into a romantic oasis, a playful family water park, or a breathtaking focal point. No wonder they are one of the most popular accessories in today’s most elegant backyard retreats. The many options available allow you to integrate these mesmerizing water effects in either dramatic or subtle ways that transform any pool environment from great to spectacular.
- Choose from sheet, curtain and rainfall or arc sheet and rainfall effectsIndividual water effects are available in widths from 8 inches to 8 feet
- Available in six finishes brass, bronze, copper, gray, silver, or white
- Waterfalls can be straight, curved, or customized
- Vary flow to any water effect with an energy-efficient IntelliFlo® VF, IntelliFlo® or IntelliPro® variable speed pumps to alter the height and distance of the water effect.
- Different lip lengths add to the design freedom available to you.
MagicStream® Laminars create totally clear, uniform arcs of moving water that originate from either your pool deck or surrounding landscape. At night, these translucent streams are brilliantly colored with an LED light source. The result is a water effect that adds an elegant bit of entertainment to your poolscape.
- Laminar water streams can reach up to 7 feet high and project outward up to 8 feet into your pool, spa, or other water feature.
- Choose energy efficient LED lighting for a nearly endless array of color choices. Nighttime lighting effects include the ability to hold on a steady color or scroll through a range of available colors.
- Installation is made flush to your deck or other surface; no unsightly or unsafe edges, just the magic of water erupting from a hidden source.
- Water streams are easily adjusted in two ways – vertically from 62 degrees to 75 degrees to create different heights and arc shapes. Left and right direction can be adjusted up to 60 degrees total.
- Laminar deck lids are available in tan, black, and gray to match or complement pool deck or other installation surface.
- The technical principal behind MagicStream Laminars is to remove all turbulence and air bubbles from the water before projecting it through a finely-machined nozzle. The laminar water flow is very non-turbulent, so it keeps its surface tension and flows through the air in a smooth, clean, unbroken stream, instead of spraying apart into droplets.
HIGH EFFICIENCY FILTRATION SYSTEMS FOR SPARKLING CLEAR WATER
By removing impurities such as dirt, leaves, grass, hair, body oils, sunscreen, and even many bacteria from the water, our high efficiency filters keep your pool water clean, clear and inviting.
TOP END FILTER PERFORMANCE WITH THE LOWEST MAINTENANCE
Our cartridge filters’ proven design uses special filter elements to strip particles from pool water with great effectiveness. Maintenance? Open the top. Remove the cartridge. Hose it off. What could be simpler?
FIBERGLASS REINFORCED POLYPROPYLENE TANK
Clean & Clear® Plus Cartridge Filters have a corrosion resistant injection molded filter tank featuring superior strength and reliability. The cartridge assembly uses four easy to clean, non-woven, polyester cartridges. Each filter is supplied with a bulkhead union set for easy installation.
- NSF listed
- Superior strength
- Large filter area for increased dirt capacity
- 1-1/2 in., 100% drain clean-out port
- Continuous High Flow™ internal air relief*
- Base and plumbing kits now available
- Injection molded tank
- Balanced hydraulic flow
- Tension Control™ clamp
- 100% factory tested
- Black bulkhead unions
- High Flow manual air relief valve
- NSF Certified
Note: Actual system flow will depend on plumbing size and other system components.
Note: Pentair Pool Products does not recommend flow rates above 150 GPM.
*Integrated Continuous High Flow internal air relief is operational only when there is unobstructed flow in the circulating system.
Operating Limits – maximum continual operating pressure of 50 PSI. Pool.spa (bather) applications, maximum operating water temperature (internal filter) 104 degrees F (40 degrees C)
THE HEART OF YOUR POOL’S CIRCULATION SYSTEM
Our pumps incorporate innovative hydraulic engineering, refined over nearly 50 years, to circulate water more efficiently and quietly than competitive pumps. And, we’ve designed them with convenience features that make routine maintenance easy and fast.We offer the latest in breakthrough efficiency; variable speed/drive pumps; as well as aboveground and inground circulation/filtration, specialty, utility, drainage, service, and spa and bath pumps. So we are sure to have the pump right for your pool, pool/spa combination, water feature, and pressure-side automatic cleaner. All have met rigorous tests for certification.
RELIABLE, DURABLE PUMPS FOR INGROUND POOLSOur circulation/filtration pumps for inground pools are engineered and manufactured to the highest standards of precision and quality for safe, dependable, and long-lasting operation. And, with new technology incorporated, many are whisper quiet. Talk to your pool professional to choose the pump model and size that will efficiently meet the specific requirements of your pool.
Eco Select® Brand Choices
IntelliFlo® and IntelliPro® variable speed pumps can typically cut energy costs by up to 90% over traditional pumps, saving hundreds of dollars each year…and thousands over the entire life of the pump. Savings are so incredible, many utility companies are offering rebates up to $200 when you install a variable speed pump.
ENERGY EFFICIENT SWIMMING POOL PUMP
Robust thermoplastic with the Cam & Ramp™ “see thru” lid design. Self-priming, high flow with patented Funnel-Flo diffusers. 2 in. suction and discharge ports. Motor features threaded shaft and durable commercial duty 56 frame motor with NEMA square flange.
- Oversized strainer basket and volute – industry standard in pool pumps
- Standard and Energy-efficient Square Flange Motors available
- Lower HP’s deliver higher performance than industry standard
- Compatible with all cleaning systems, various filters and jet action spas
- Heavy-duty/durable construction is designed for long life
- Designed for residential and commercial applications
- New motor increases life, energy, efficiency, ease of installation and better cooling for long service life
WANT TO KNOW WHY INTELLIFLO VARIABLE SPEED PUMPS OUTSELL ALL OTHER VARIABLE SPEED POOL PUMPS COMBINED?
When Pentair® first introduced IntelliFlo variable speed technology, it set off a marketplace revolution with its energy efficiency, near-silent operation and long service life.Now comes the latest member of the IntelliFlo family, the new IntelliFlo variable speed pump. It further refines the field-proven advancements that have led IntelliFlo pumps to outsell all other variable speed brands combined. Check out these advantages and you’ll quickly see why:
- Energy savings up to 90% versus traditional pumps*
- 8 programmable speed settings and built-in timer to ensure the pump runs at optimum speed and duration
- Ultra-efficient permanent magnet motor design reduces noise and vibration for greater efficiency and longer pump life
- Dramatically quieter operation – as low as 45 decibels – about 4 times quieter than most traditional-style pumps.**
- Totally enclosed fan-cooled (TEFC) design and low average operating speed makes IntelliFlo the quietest pump on earth
- Fully compatible with IntelliTouch®, EasyTouch®, SunTouch® Pool Control Systems and other brands of digital pool/spa controls for managing pump, heating, lighting, spa jets and water features.
- Built in diagnostics protect the pump for longer service life
*Savings based on variable speed pump compared to a single-speed pump running 12 hours per day at an average of $0.16 per kWh in a 20,000 gallon pool. Actual savings may vary based on local utility rates, pool size, pump run time, pump horsepower, pump rpm, plumbing size and length, pump model, service factor and other hydraulic factors.
** Compared to noise level of typical 1.5 hp single-speed pump.
TURN YOUR YARD INTO AN INVITING, AFTER DARK RETREAT
Our broad range of pool and spa lighting system options can turn pleasant poolside evenings into magical nights in your back yard wonderland. Our lighting systems have been the brand of choice worldwide for nearly 50 years. That’s because we deliver the innovations, quality, reliability, energy-efficiency, and value pool builders and pool owners demand.
A RAINBOW OF BREATHTAKING UNDERWATER LIGHTING EFFECTS
Our underwater color-changing lighting systems can transform your pool or spa into a luminous nighttime wonder. Choose a constantly changing underwater light show. Or, pause and bathe your pool or spa in a single captivating color.
IntelliBrite®—the most efficient underwater LED light available.
Eco Select® Choice
LED (Light Emitting Diode) automated color-changing pool and spa lights are the most energy efficient pool and spa lighting option available…reducing energy usage by up to 89 percent!
- A superior reflector design assures more light is directed toward the pool bottom to further increase intensity and color effects, while minimizing glare
- Superior lens geometry distributes light in an optimum way to avoid “hot spots” on the pool bottom. Light intensity and color are distributed more uniformly throughout your pool
- Pool lens can be rotated to 180 degrees to provide wide beam pattern (standard) or narrow beam pattern.
- IntelliBrite technology makes use of the brightest and most energy efficient LED’s available in underwater pool and spa lights – up to 50% less energy comsumption than competitor’s lights.
- Set one of 5 predetermined fixed colors to match or create the mood for the evening – blue, green, magenta, white, and red or select from 7 popular “color shows” that come preprogrammed into IntelliBrite
- IntelliBrite was designed to work with IntelliTouch® and EasyTouch® the leading control systems for pool, spa, and poolscape equipment automation. In effect, you transfer control of IntelliBrite to the IntelliTouch or EasyTouch system which controls all your other backyard and pool features.
- IntelliBrite 5g Color Pool lights are backwards compatible with first generation IntelliBrite lights.
Note: All 120 volt pool and spa lights must be connected to a branch circuit protected by a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI)..
Notice: Underwriters Laboratories has listed Pentair Water Pool and Spa Inc. lights for use with Pentair Water Pool and Spa, Pentair Pool Products, American Products, Purex, or PacFab niches ONLY. To ensure proper grounding/bonding connections install only Pentair Water Pool and Spa Inc lights in Pentair Water Pool and Spa, Pentair Pool Products, American Products, Purex, or PacFab niches.
UPGRADE TO THE ELEGANCE OF UNDERWATER LED LIGHTING
AmerBrite LED lamps add the efficiency and luminous splendor of LED technology to the best-selling Amerlite light series. The convenient Edison screw base gives you a simple “plug and play’ replacement for your current Amerlite incandescent bulb. Simply unscrew your inefficient high-wattage incandescent bulb and replace with the brilliance of an AmerBrite LED lamp.
- The most efficient LED replacement pool lamp on the market.
- AmerBrite color lamps use 36 watts of power, while white lamps use between 34-51 watts.
- Color lamps feature 5 brilliant fixed colors, 7 dazzling pre-programmed light shows.
- Lens can be rotated 180 degrees to provide wide or narrow beam pattern.
- Superior reflector design creates more uniform light distribution.
- LED technology provides longer life.
- Solid-state technology with no internal filament.
- The only UL and cUL Certified LED replacement lamp for Amerlite incandescent fixtures.
- Available in 120v or 12v versions.
- Fully compatible with Pentair® IntelliBrite® 5g Color-changing Underwater LED Lights, GloBrite® Shallow Water LED Lights, ColorCascade® LED Light Bubblers and MagicStream® Laminar color-lit water features for added drama.
PROVIDES FAST, EASY ACCESS TO 12 COLOR MODES
The IntelliBrite® Controller works with IntelliBrite Color Pool & Spa LED lights as well as IntelliBrite Landscape Lights. It can control and synchoronize both sets of lights to create dazzling shows.
- Waterproof Outdoor LED Color Light Controller
- Quick access to all colors and shows
- Convenient hold and recall function
- Fits in 22.5 cu.in. single gang box or larger
- Illuminated power button
- Dimensional Drawings
THE BEST AND BRIGHTEST
When you install GloBrite® Shallow Water LED Lighting in a poolscape, poolside evenings go from great to spectacular. GloBrite® lights are the creative, cost-effective way to showcase and enhance pool features like baja shelves, steps, beach entries and other shallow water features. GloBrite® lights utilize the industry’s most advanced technology for bright, energy-effiicient lighting – while using 18% less energy than comparable shallow water lights.
- The brightest and most efficient LEDs available.
- 5 brilliant fixed colors, 7 dazzling pre-programmed light shows.
- The perfect complement to IntelliBrite® 5g LED Pool Lighting for dynamic, synchronized colored light shows.
- Compatible with IntelliTouch® and EasyTouch® control systems for advanced control features.
- When used with an optional IntelliBrite Controller, pool and spa owners without an automation system can enjoy fast and easy control of their pool lighting.
- Does not require grounding or bonding for quick and easy installations.
- GloBrite® lights are UL approved.
- CDs, DVDs and Videos
HEATERS AND HEAT PUMPS
GET MORE ENJOYMENT FROM YOUR POOL OR SPA
Add to your comfort and extend your swimming season with one of our energy-efficient and reliable heaters and heat pumps. All our heaters deliver fast heat-up times, low operating costs, and long life. Rugged housings are built to withstand the elements, and compact, attractive designs blend into any environment.
HEAT UP YOUR POOL FAST AND EFFICIENTLY
Nothing beats a heater for adding comfort to early morning lap sessions, after-dark swims or to extend your swim season to earlier in the spring or later in the fall. The key to pool heating economy is combustion efficiency…making sure the heat that is generated is transferred to the pool water with as close to 100% efficiency as possible. Our high efficiency gas heaters heat up fast. They are economical to run. And they’re built to last.
HIGH PERFORMANCE ECO-FRIENDLY HEATERS
MasterTemp® offers all the efficiency, convenience and reliability features you want in a pool heater, plus a lot more. As easy to use as your home heating system, plus, user-friendly indicator lights make system operation and monitoring a snap. The compact design and super quiet operation won’t intrude on your poolside leisure time. Heavy-duty (HD) unit with cupro-nickel exchanger stands up to the harshest of applications, like low pH, high flow or heavy use.
- Heats up fast so no long waits before enjoying your pool or spa
- Best-in-class energy efficiency*
- Manual gas shut-off when service is required
- Eco-friendly MasterTemp® is certified for low NOx emission and outperforms industry standards
- Rotating digital display allows for easy viewing
- Tough, rustproof exterior handles the heat and weathers the elements
Note: The MasterTemp Heater is certified for Low NOx emissions.
* Standard Copper Heat Exchanger 84% Efficient. Heavy-duty (HD) Cupro-Nickel Heat Exchanger 82% Efficient.
Removable safety pool fence
Lowest Prices & highest quality In Vegas on Pool Fence, We are absolutely committed to providing the best child safety pool fence options for your family and loved ones. A pool fence is a type of fence commonly placed around backyard swimming pools(House to wall, wall to wall, or enclose patio as well). Standard swimming pool safety fences have one primary purpose….to improve swimming pool safety by helping to prevent small children and/or pets from accidentally falling into a pool and drowning. Our fences are manufactured from start to finish to ensure the highest quality products backed by a LIFETIME WARRANTY (No Fading, Peeling, Rusting, or Breaking).
Asphalt Damage Facts & Disclaimer
A loader & excavators are needed for digging a pool, underground or heavy dirt movement work. It is common to have immediate damage to asphalt just by driving the machinery on it. In a short time especially through one summer it becomes nearly invisible when the job is done. Machines that are designed to dig there wheels in for traction with no slippage are used.
When we are finished with the project and clean up at the end of the project and summer hits the temperature will be around 102 to 115 on any given day. All asphalt will be extremely soft near the point of melting. It will smooth out naturally. It is designed to do so. To patch asphalt on public streets a major overhaul is not req. If cuts are not greater than 2″ a repair is not normally needed. It does not affect the integrity of the street. It is an esthetic fix that will become nearly invisible with a little time. Public roads are continually repaired on local city standard maintenance schedules. If extensive damage is apparent it is repaired by stripping to a depth slightly more than the depth of existing damage to the asphalt or equal to the existing asphalt section depth. Only if asphalt is so damaged that the gravel or the type 2 is visible would we recommend damaged asphalt be removed and redone. Standard asphalt is strong enough to sustain structural integrity far greater than the weight of equipment used for digging a pool. Its section depth and type 2 or base compaction can handle all heavy equip used. The damage that occurs is superficial and although looks bad it’s normal. The sun and the weight of vehicular traffic usually fix the problem quickly.
We need to be clear because any little damage and imperfections in the asphalt will still be visible after job is complete. Pool digging is a process that requires heavy equipment and it will be driven on streets as well as over sidewalks. The tires will leave black marks but they will fade and be hardly noticeable over time.
A new pool has many pros and a few cons. Let’s go over some of them. For the pros: A pool is hands down the focal point of any outdoor paradise. Fun in the sun and a place to cool off forever The cons are listed above and the yard is tore up for 3 to 6 months. It’s worth it!
Finally, pool construction can be rather unpredictable as far as exactly what delays will arise. Wind, rain, material delays, failed inspections, guys being out sick and slight adjustments along the way are all part of the process. All of these things cause delays. Anywhere from 3” to 12” of adjustment on pool layout is normal and acceptable throughout the industry. Pool will not be moved once dug without added cost to do so. Greencare assumes no responsibility for slight imperfections in several elements on a pool. These slight imperfections are considered part of the natural beauty of the project.
Pool Construction Process and Policy Explanation.
This detail has been put together to help you have an experience during a commonly frustrating process known as POOL installation and construction that is not as daunting as it seems at times once we explain the process.
We have discovered over the years that the #1 cause of frustration is CLIENTS not knowing what to expect. We hope that this guide will give you a better understanding of the swimming pool construction process.
Your entire yard is about to be a complete mess for the next 12 to 24 weeks (This starts the day construction starts not when proposal is signed Greencare has no control over you HOA or city permitting delays) depending on the scope of your project and unforeseen obstacles and delays a pool could take longer than 24 weeks but is unlikely. This packet will really help answer your questions and address your concerns. Please read in in its entirety and refer back to it throughout the process.
PROFESSIONAL POOL CONSTRUCTION STAGES
First step is sending your design off to be structurally engineered. At this point slight changes are needed to ensure the pool and options are structurally sound.
The next stage is obtaining all building permits. This takes time sometimes spending an entire day at a government permitting facility only to be told they have changed a variance or code in your area so we need to adjust the engineered plan to meet there new requirement or a soils report may be needed.
All scheduled dates are tentative and subject to change due to:
- Each phase is always approved to have been completed properly by the construction office before scheduling next phase which takes time. It is the only way to ensure things are done right.
- Adverse weather conditions, such as wind or rain, can delay steel, shotcrete, deck and plaster. If this occurs, we reschedule for the next available date. This means if it is windy or rainy for 2 weeks and then it clears up on your installation date. The crews will be busy completing the all other jobs that were delayed during that 2 week period first then once those jobs are done yours will follow.
- Revisions or changes of any kind along the way to the final approved plan will cause delays.
- There may be days (or rarely even a week or more) when no work is performed on site. At times if a specialist is needed it takes a week or more to get them on site. Material delays can and often cause an extended delay also (this is why we need all final selections to be made as soon as possible). A specialist may arrive and spend only an hour or two then leave. This is due to the specialized nature of Greencare’s guys and crews then scheduling them in and out. Sometimes the one little thing that required the specialist doesn’t take long but holds up the process.
Upon completion your pool will be working properly and your site will be broom swept clean for years of problem free fun in the sun! That is our #1 goal and purpose at Greencare.NET
PLEASE READ THIS PACKET IN DETAIL AND REFER BACK TO IT THROUGH THE POOL CONSTRUCTION PROCESS
Other Important Information regarding landscape and deck installation.
Sometimes we have to lower the grade on projects to create proper drainage. This may be how the sides of the house look after the original dirt is removed and the correct level is set for a paver or concrete walkway. Greencare is not responsible for replacing or refurbishing any stucco or exterior elements in these areas.
Some information and detail we want to explain about the process of professional project installation. Once proposal is finalized the final engineered construction plans are put together. We need all design decisions to be made at this point to expedite the installation process.
At times calls are made to check on current availability for materials. Availability of materials changes periodically due to supply and demand variations. This back and forth process can sometimes take a week or more between suppliers, designers and homeowners to be sure what is selected is still available. Even if it is in the sample book or on our website or another website, manufacturers discontinue products without notice. You will be asked to make another selection if this takes place.
Once Finalized the plans are examined and signed off by homeowner and designer to be sure all items are correct, or final construction plan can be confirmed to be correct via email (email is best). Items must be written on original proposal and a fair price agreed to be included on final construction plan.
Once final construction plan is verified job scheduling is sent over and reviewed with the construction department and crew. A Greencare team member from this department or the accounting email serves as a notice materials will be arriving soon and your project is about to start.
Materials are ordered and job will begin. We can only verify delivery times of materials but suppliers run into unforeseen delays which although we strive to avoid do still occur. Please understand it is possible there will be a few unforeseen delays on your project.
Please note: On grading and slopes of decking as well as grade/slopes in yard with just deco rock there is a needed slope for water to run off correctly during flash flooding. A deck sometimes will have an aggressive slope THAT WE MUST MAINTAIN. If a homeowner is requesting a reduced grade than left by builder, added material and labor is needed and a drainage system must be installed which will be added cost. If an existing deck installed by builder is not being removed, we must stay with there grade and pitch. A step down is at times needed. If no step is desired this may add cost.
The worksite is dangerous until complete. Open trenches, tools lying around, unmarked holes etc… are all part of the jobsite. To the untrained eye it will look like a complete mess at times. While work is underway our insurance does not allow homeowners in the work area. Please avoid entering your yard while under construction. If you choose to enter your construction site it is at your own risk.
We put this letter together to notify you in advance that we are working diligently to get your project complete. We ask that you please be patient throughout this process and know that we are striving to get the job done right. We have spent over a decade putting the right team of installers together to insure the highest quality installation process possible so you can enjoy problem free fun in the sun for many years to come.
For proper watering schedule please click the link below. For the first 30 days we set your timer to water everyday. This is needed for the plants to get acclimated. After 30 days you will need to change your timer to your area watering schedule.
Also click link below for printable PDF instructions on how to set your timer. You are responsible for setting and changing your own timer. It needs to be adjusted Sept. 1, March 1 and May 1 Here’s how: (CLICK BELOW)
PLEASE READ AND BE AWARE OF CONCRETE SCHEDULING.
DUE TO OUR HIGH STANDARDS AND QUALITY CONTROL WE ADVISE THE FOLLOWING. CONCRETE IS A PERISHABLE ITEM AND WEATHER IS A MAJOR FACTOR IN CONCRETE QUALITY. EXCESSIVE SURFACE DRYING DUE TO THE WIND IS THE #1 REASON CRACKS HAPPEN. IF THERE IS EXCESSIVE WIND 20+MPH CONCRETE WILL BE DELAYED (HIGH RISK OF CRACKS). IF THERE IS ANY CHANCE OF RAIN, CONCRETE WILL BE DELAYED (RISK OF PITTING OR EXPOSING AGGREGATE) ALSO BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR CONCRETE WAS SET TO BE INSTALLED TWO WEEKS OUT AND THERE WAS WIND OR RAIN IN THAT TWO WEEK PERIOD YOUR CONCRETE WILL BE DELAYED ACCORDINGLY SO WE CAN COMPLETE THE JOBS PRIOR TO YOURS THAT WERE SCHEDULED IN THAT TIME PERIOD. THE SEALANT IS SCHEDULED A MINIMUM OF 30 TO 60 DAYS AFTER CONCRETE INSTALLATION. ON STAMPED COLOR CONCRETE OR CONCRETE SEALANT THE FINAL OUTCOME CANNOT BE PREDETERMINED WE GET AS CLOSE TO THE SELECTED COLOR BUT DUE TO THE WAY CONCRETE CURES THERE MAY BE MILD TO EXTREME COLOR VARIATIONS AND GREENCARE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR FINAL OUTCOME OR EXACT COLOR.
Reminder: Upon Start of construction there will be extreme amounts of dust in the air so any furniture, outdoor electronics or anything else in the project area you do not wish to be covered in dust needs to be removed. Greencare is not responsible for items not removed.
Swimming in a mild saline solution is much like taking a shower in soft water. Generally, when people swim in a non-chlorine generator pool (a pool with no salt water in it) they feel like their skin dries quicker upon exiting the pool. They may feel and/or see a whitish residual, chlorine flaking, on the skin. In a salt-water pool (one with a chlorine generator) the water feels smooth, your skin feels smooth and many people feel more refreshed.
It’s main function is to produce chlorine for the pool so you do not have to buy it, store it or handle it. These are big advantages for many pool owners. Chlorine generators, when functioning correctly, produce chlorine constantly (when the pump is running) with most units. This keeps a residual of chlorine in the pool that prevents algae from growing. The secret is keeping the cell free of calcium and mineral deposits–the cell itself is made up of precious metals-it must be maintained so it can continue to make chlorine.
Through the process of electrolysis, water passing over the chlorine generator cell produces chlorine that is instantaneously transformed into Hypochlorous acid. When any type of chlorine is added to water it all makes the same thing: Hypochlorous acid. It does not matter if it is Sodium Hypochlorite (liquid chlorine), Tri-chlor and Di-chlor or Lithium based, Cal-hypo or even gas chlorine–it all makes Hypochlorous acid. Hypochlorous acid is the active sanitizer; this is what kills algae and other harmful stuff in the water. Its effectiveness is totally predicated on balanced water conditions and, more importantly, proper pH. So, with a salt water system, you still must maintain your water balance (pool chemistry) properly. As long as you do this, a chlorine generator is a good choice.
This can be added to a pool along with a salt generator to further reduce the chlorine for those customers that are under the misconception that salt generators completely get rid of all chlorine. As you know, salt generators only produce the needed chlorine in a different way but there will always have to be chlorine in pools.
How to use an ozonator, to help sanitize a pool? Ozone (O3) is a form of Oxygen (O2) and is a powerful oxidizing agent that can control microorganisms, destroy organic contamination, byproduct build ups, dead algae and organic debris. It is not a complete sanitizer in the truest sense, because it does not remain in the water for long periods of time. In a swimming pool, there must be a backup sanitizer such as, chlorine or bromine, usually at about 1/2 the normal level. Because the ozonator does most of the oxidizing, far less chlorine or bromine will be required to maintain any given level. Ozonators, also known as Ozone Generators, can greatly reduce the quantity of the backup sanitizer that would, otherwise, be required. This is especially important in larger pools, heavy bather usage situations and commercial pools. The devices that generate Ozone fall into two categories: UV or Corona discharge. Commercial pools, larger residential pools or heavy bather load pools should utilize a corona-discharge unit, as it is capable of producing larger amounts of ozone. With ozonation, the water chemistry should be maintained in the typical manner.
Below are a few things to consider before making your decision:
Greencare builds about 150+ pools per year and we base our pricing off of an estimated 10% net profit. This is far below industry standard. Due to our volume we can maintain this. Best pool, best price, Guaranteed. It’s clear and simple.
When building your pool we build numerous stages in house to cut costs as much as possible. The items we sub out are to subs that we have a 20+ year business relationship with. Greencare has negotiated the absolute best price with all subs. This negotiated price is based on the massive volume of business we give our vendors and sub-contractors.
When a homeowner calls a sub-contractor to have 1 stage of the multiple stages of a pool build completed, each sub is going to give you the retail price. No matter what they tell you or how great of a deal they say they are giving you. You will end up paying far more than Greencare will. You will also always be pushed to the back of the line. This is based on many reasons.
- The volume of work Greencare gives our subs
- Subsknow working with Greencare on scheduling in and out of the job is down to a science.
- The knowledge of 20+ years refining our build process makes it easy for our subs to move in and out of the project seamlessly.
- Greencare plans are engineered professionally at a proven pool engineering firm and the design is assured to be sound.
- The list goes on for reasons a homeowner will have a hard time dealing with the numerous stages of a pool build, above are just a few.
Greencare also commands an extremely high level of workmanship. We have chosen not to work with numerous subs due to the quality of their work. It took many many years to weed out the countless bad seeds in the pool build industry but they are still out there working away every day. Be very careful if you choose the owner builder route and keep the above facts in mind.
Some results of building an owner builder over letting Greencare build your pool project are listed below.
- Each sub will mark up there price 30 or even 40% which is industry standard to homeowners (or even a so called friend that says he can manage your owner builder) just due to the additional work involved. Don’t be fooled you will pay more for an owner builder than a Greencare pool. It is a fact.
- Your pool will take far longer due to always being put at the back of the line.
- Subs will 100% not maintain the high level of workmanship Greencare demands because they know that you (The homeowner) do not really know what you are looking at upon each stage.
- If you can’t answer every single one of the following questions you should not attempt an owner builder:
- Is the gunite thick enough for a sound shell?
- How thick should it be? What is the psi of the shotcrete
- What is the gauge of the steel used
- What schedule pipe was used on the plumbing?
- What should a plumber use on a 400 gallon pool?
- How about a larger 1000 Gallon pool?
- Is it ok to run my pool and my water feature off 1 pump
- Howmany items can my electric panel control?
- How deep does the electrical and plumbing trenches need to be
- What is city code on drainage, perimeter walls and pool alarms
- How many city code compliance inspections do I need and when?
These are just a few of the questions you need to know the answers too. Subs will not tell you the answers and have no interest in the next stage of your pool. They will come in, do their part and leave.
Let Greencare build your pool for the fact it will cost you less and be a better build. It just makes sense. Call us today for a free design and estimate. Hope to see you soon
Call us at (702)-839-5296 or fill out the contact us form found on Greencare.NET!
If you the homeowner are going to attempt an owner builder pool build or you have someone telling you they can manage your pool build for you for a small fee? You should know someone else that is not licensed managing the build of your pool is illegal. It is illegal for many reasons but the #1 is due to no insurance coverage if someone gets hurt. If you like your new home, don’t risk an owner builder! If someone gets hurt I will guarantee your so called project manager will be gone like the wind and the hurt individual will be suing you. They will also be suing you if you were managing the project yourself. It’s not worth the risk. Why pay more and deal with all the headaches when Greencare can build it for less? Why take such a risk and pay more for a product that isn’t as good? It is a no brainer.
Natural grading (with the dirt, natural rock and gravel material only) of your property when done properly is the best way to divert water away from your home and walls then out toward the street.
This is done by pitch of grade only and water being diverted properly. This is why builders leave backyards that are sloped away from walls and your home creating a V like area in the center (seen above) of your yard that leads out toward the front on most homes.
When you are installing a pool and landscaping drainage pipes are to be used only when the path of the water is blocked by an obstruction (pavers, concrete, synthetic turf etc…). If obstructed the water needs to be diverted through a drainage pipe or deck drain (on pools) and directed passed the obstruction only leading back to the V depression in the dirt.
When decorative rock is installed you should not flatten out your landscape. Install the decorative rock on top of the grading left by builder and leave the grading pitched away from your home, walls and leading to the front with the V shape depression. The water will build up in this V shaped depression and slowly flow through the decorative rock out to the front.
When there is excessive rain there will be some build up in the areas where the water is accumulating in the V shape depression and these areas will become soft so if you walk on them you may sink in. This is normal so don’t walk in these areas until they dry out a bit. The majority of the time most of the water will drain into the ground returning to the water table which is the goal. During an intense downpour it will flow in this V depression out through the decorative rock and through a drainage brick (brick with gaps for water) left by builder in the center of your wall or can simply drain through a gate entry.