The Greencare Guys are the only choice for landscaping with over 20 years in landscape design experience!
Landscape design Las Vegas can trust
There are sometimes concerns from clients regarding issues in the past with pool, spa. landscaping & exterior design firms as far as the history of these companies and improper Work. We always install everything in your yard at an absolute pro grade level. On several occasions clients have opted to go with the cheapest fly by night bid and then after the install had us return to fix the Work. I urge you to have landscaping done right the first time whomever you select. Due to the fact that to remove incorrectly installed items then reinstall them properly takes more time and labor reflecting more cost to you. This is something We strive to avoid. Our landscape design las vegas team will get it done right the first time! Every time.
Professional grade Synthetic Turf installation procedure lst ground is cleared of all medium to large rock then it is lightly graded for decomposed granite to be laid down. The granite is smoothed out and the proper level is determined as Well as the proper pitch for drainage, A large machine is brought in to compact and harden the ground. This procedure is to prevent any future risk of turf sinking. The Turf is then rolled out over the area and shape and size are created by cutting the edges, razor sharp cutting tools are needed to cut through the extremely thick turf products. At this point the edging and finish of the area is carefully created. We then hammer large stakes into the turf area to secure it to the ground permanently. A large gas powered turbo brush is run over the grass area so it stands up and has a beautiful finished look. Final sweeping, clean up and turf installation is complete.
Professional grade plant & tree installation procedure lst and foremost all plants and trees are hand selected to ensure only the nicest available material is used. Plants are at times the 1st step of the job depending on the project. They are carefully placed in the yard to create the proper look, feel, and balance. Holes are dug by pick axe and shovel, jackhammer or heavy equipment depending on soil. At this time plant material is removed from bucket or box and placed in the hole. The dirt dug up from ground is mixed half and half with premium mulch and fertilizer is added. The mix is back-filled into the hole and a catch basin is formed. Stakes are added when needed on certain trees. Water is then back-filled and your landscaping installation is complete.Please see gallery for more pool and spa photos.
Call today to set up a design consultation 702-839-LAWN (5296)
7 Tips to Prevent Dog Urine Brown Spots
If you have a dog, then your lawn probably has at least a few—and probably more—brown spots. Urine burns. The purpose of this article is to help you understand why urine causes the grass to die and what you can do to reduce the effects of dog urine on your lawn.
The effects of dog urine on your lawn are similar that of a nitrogen-rich liquid fertilizer. A little fertilizer makes your yard healthy, but too much will kill your lawn. Preventing lawn burn focuses on reducing the amount of nitrogen that comes into contact with grass. Following the seven tips below will help you keep your lawn green and healthy:
- 1. Fertilize your lawn less or not at all in areas where your dog urinates – Fertilized lawns may already have as much nitrogen as they can handle. Even the small amount of nitrogen in dog urine may be all that is needed to burn the lawn.
- 2. Spray areas where your dog urinates with water – Pouring water on the area after your dog urinates will help to dilute the urine and lessen the effects of the nitrogen on your lawn.
- 3. Encourage your dog to drink more water – The more your dog drinks, the less nitrogen will be concentrated in the urine and the less damaging it will be to your lawn. It will also be healthier for your dog. Put a little non-sodium chicken broth in your dog’s water to encourage him to drink more. Readily available clean and fresh water will also help.
- 4. Replant affected areas with a more urine-resistant grass -Ryegrass and fescue are the most urine-resistant, while Kentucky Bluegrass, and Bermuda are most sensitive to urine.
- 5. Feed your dog a dietary supplement – Certain dietary supplements, such as Green-UM and Drs. Fosters and Smith “Lawn Guard,” bind with the nitrogen in the urine, making it less harmful to your lawn.
- 6. Train your dog to urinate in one area – Some products, such as the Simple Solution Pee Post, are impregnated with pheromones to encourage your dog to pee on or near them. Designating an area for your dog to go on will save the remainder of your yard.
Apply a lawn repair treatment – Some treatments, such as Dogonit Lawn Repair Treatment, contain organic enzymes with soil cleansers to flush the salts from the root zone.
By loosening compacted soils, allowing air, water, and nutrients to penetrate, stimulating deeper root growth. The build-up of salts from fertilizers, herbicides, and urine overwhelm lawn areas and cause dehydration (burn spots), which appear as localized, yellow or brown patches.
Natural grading (with the dirt, natural rock and gravel material only) of your property when done properly is the best way to divert water away from your home and walls then out toward the street.
This is done by pitch of grade only and water being diverted properly. This is why builders leave backyards that are sloped away from walls and your home creating a V like area in the center (seen above) of your yard that leads out toward the front on most homes.
When you are installing a pool and landscaping drainage pipes are to be used only when the path of the water is blocked by an obstruction (pavers, concrete, synthetic turf etc…). If obstructed the water needs to be diverted through a drainage pipe or deck drain (on pools) and directed passed the obstruction only leading back to the V depression in the dirt.
When decorative rock is installed you should not flatten out your landscape. Install the decorative rock on top of the grading left by builder and leave the grading pitched away from your home, walls and leading to the front with the V shape depression. The water will build up in this V shaped depression and slowly flow through the decorative rock out to the front.
When there is excessive rain there will be some build up in the areas where the water is accumulating in the V shape depression and these areas will become soft so if you walk on them you may sink in. This is normal so don’t walk in these areas until they dry out a bit. The majority of the time most of the water will drain into the ground returning to the water table which is the goal. During an intense downpour it will flow in this V depression out through the decorative rock and through a drainage brick (brick with gaps for water) left by builder in the center of your wall or can simply drain through a gate entry.