Greencare started in 1989 with an old Datsun and a lawnmower. The founder (Mike Anderlie) learned over the next 15 years everything you could about landscape installation. Greencare then became the preferred Landscape contractor for Sundance Pools. The leader in high end pool builds in the valley for 30 plus years. Greencare worked side by side with Sundance for the next 15 plus years gaining vast pool build knowledge and expertise.
When the owner of Sundance retired he gave Greencare and the two managing partners (John Reese and Tim Hanlon) his blessing to continue building pools and these amazing complete exterior outdoor environments. Greencare obtained its own A10 Pool build license and kept building clients dreams. We are a fully licensed A10 pool build contractor and also carry our C10 for landscape and a C14 for patio covers. This is something the majority of our competitors don’t have. We understand how to bring all of the elements of your outdoor environment together. We want to earn your business and will do whatever it takes to do so.
Greencare brought the two teams (Sundance Pools and Greencare) together and all the vast years of experience right along with it. We now have over 50 plus years of combined pool and landscape build experience under one roof and on one team.
Greencare has risen up through the ranks of the pool build industry and become the #1 builder for Las Vegas and surrounding areas! We are #1 in Las Vegas for a few simple reasons.
- 1. We always put our client’s needs first.
- 2. We do the best designs with a super talented team.
- 3. We build the highest quality at the best price.
Our goal is to use this combined experience to continue to bring it all together and create the highest level of design and craftsmanship the world has ever seen on all our clients’ projects.
Question from homeowner? I was going to do an owner builder pool. Does it save lots of money?
Below are a few things to consider before making your decision:
Greencare builds about 150+ pools per year and we base our pricing off of an estimated 10% net profit. This is far below industry standard. Due to our volume we can maintain this. Best pool, best price, Guaranteed. It’s clear and simple.
When building your pool we build numerous stages in house to cut costs as much as possible. The items we sub out are to subs that we have a 20+ year business relationship with. Greencare has negotiated the absolute best price with all subs. This negotiated price is based on the massive volume of business we give our vendors and sub-contractors.
When a homeowner calls a sub-contractor to have 1 stage of the multiple stages of a pool build completed, each sub is going to give you the retail price. No matter what they tell you or how great of a deal they say they are giving you. You will end up paying far more than Greencare will. You will also always be pushed to the back of the line. This is based on many reasons.
- The volume of work Greencare gives our subs
- Subsknow working with Greencare on scheduling in and out of the job is down to a science.
- The knowledge of 20+ years refining our build process makes it easy for our subs to move in and out of the project seamlessly.
- Greencare plans are engineered professionally at a proven pool engineering firm and the design is assured to be sound.
- The list goes on for reasons a homeowner will have a hard time dealing with the numerous stages of a pool build, above are just a few.
Greencare also commands an extremely high level of workmanship. We have chosen not to work with numerous subs due to the quality of their work. It took many many years to weed out the countless bad seeds in the pool build industry but they are still out there working away every day. Be very careful if you choose the owner builder route and keep the above facts in mind.
Some results of building an owner builder over letting Greencare build your pool project are listed below.
- Each sub will mark up there price 30 or even 40% which is industry standard to homeowners (or even a so called friend that says he can manage your owner builder) just due to the additional work involved. Don’t be fooled you will pay more for an owner builder than a Greencare pool. It is a fact.
- Your pool will take far longer due to always being put at the back of the line.
- Subs will 100% not maintain the high level of workmanship Greencare demands because they know that you (The homeowner) do not really know what you are looking at upon each stage.
- If you can’t answer every single one of the following questions you should not attempt an owner builder:
- Is the gunite thick enough for a sound shell?
- How thick should it be? What is the psi of the shotcrete
- What is the gauge of the steel used
- What schedule pipe was used on the plumbing?
- What should a plumber use on a 400 gallon pool?
- How about a larger 1000 Gallon pool?
- Is it ok to run my pool and my water feature off 1 pump
- Howmany items can my electric panel control?
- How deep does the electrical and plumbing trenches need to be
- What is city code on drainage, perimeter walls and pool alarms
- How many city code compliance inspections do I need and when?
These are just a few of the questions you need to know the answers too. Subs will not tell you the answers and have no interest in the next stage of your pool. They will come in, do their part and leave.
Let Greencare build your pool for the fact it will cost you less and be a better build. It just makes sense. Call us today for a free design and estimate. Hope to see you soon
Call us at (702)-839-LAWN (5296) or fill out the contact us form found on Greencare.NET!
If you the homeowner are going to attempt an owner builder pool build or you have someone telling you they can manage your pool build for you for a small fee? You should know someone else that is not licensed managing the build of your pool is illegal. It is illegal for many reasons but the #1 is due to no insurance coverage if someone gets hurt. If you like your new home, don’t risk an owner builder! If someone gets hurt I will guarantee your so called project manager will be gone like the wind and the hurt individual will be suing you. They will also be suing you if you were managing the project yourself. It’s not worth the risk. Why pay more and deal with all the headaches when Greencare can build it for less? Why take such a risk and pay more for a product that isn’t as good? It is a no brainer.
7 Tips to Prevent Dog Urine Brown Spots
If you have a dog, then your lawn probably has at least a few—and probably more—brown spots. Urine burns. The purpose of this article is to help you understand why urine causes the grass to die and what you can do to reduce the effects of dog urine on your lawn.
The effects of dog urine on your lawn are similar that of a nitrogen-rich liquid fertilizer. A little fertilizer makes your yard healthy, but too much will kill your lawn. Preventing lawn burn focuses on reducing the amount of nitrogen that comes into contact with grass. Following the seven tips below will help you keep your lawn green and healthy:
- 1. Fertilize your lawn less or not at all in areas where your dog urinates – Fertilized lawns may already have as much nitrogen as they can handle. Even the small amount of nitrogen in dog urine may be all that is needed to burn the lawn.
- 2. Spray areas where your dog urinates with water – Pouring water on the area after your dog urinates will help to dilute the urine and lessen the effects of the nitrogen on your lawn.
- 3. Encourage your dog to drink more water – The more your dog drinks, the less nitrogen will be concentrated in the urine and the less damaging it will be to your lawn. It will also be healthier for your dog. Put a little non-sodium chicken broth in your dog’s water to encourage him to drink more. Readily available clean and fresh water will also help.
- 4. Replant affected areas with a more urine-resistant grass -Ryegrass and fescue are the most urine-resistant, while Kentucky Bluegrass, and Bermuda are most sensitive to urine.
- 5. Feed your dog a dietary supplement – Certain dietary supplements, such as Green-UM and Drs. Fosters and Smith “Lawn Guard,” bind with the nitrogen in the urine, making it less harmful to your lawn.
- 6. Train your dog to urinate in one area – Some products, such as the Simple Solution Pee Post, are impregnated with pheromones to encourage your dog to pee on or near them. Designating an area for your dog to go on will save the remainder of your yard.
Apply a lawn repair treatment – Some treatments, such as Dogonit Lawn Repair Treatment, contain organic enzymes with soil cleansers to flush the salts from the root zone.
By loosening compacted soils, allowing air, water, and nutrients to penetrate, stimulating deeper root growth. The build-up of salts from fertilizers, herbicides, and urine overwhelm lawn areas and cause dehydration (burn spots), which appear as localized, yellow or brown patches.
Evolution of Greencare
Original logo created by Mike Anderlie back in 1989 when Greencare was just 1 old datsun and a lawnmower.
Logo was brought in tighter about 2001 and the website was added as part of the logo itself so everyone would know how to reach us.
Greencare started working with pools and landscaping about 2005 so water and waves were added.
Greencare logo had 1 final revision in 2015 which represents what it will be for eternity. This logo encapsulates Greencare.net and that we are a pool and landscape paradise builder. It also shows the sun has risen on Greencare and our team.